A good sausage will be light pink with some small holes on the surface. It is usually divided into 4 – 8 pieces and served with good peppered fish sauce. Since silky lean pork sausage, beef sausage or chicken sausage has the similar method of processing meanwhile pig head sausage is a little bit different in ingredients, preparation and cooking method, it will be chosen to introduce today. PREPARATION TIME:
60 Minutes COOK TIME:
• 500gr meat (preferably pork shoulder)
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
• 2 tsp pepper
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 2 tbsp oil DETAIL RECIPE
1. Cut meat in to thin slices and freeze for 2 hours.
2. Grind well and mix with prepared spice. Beat with electric mixer for about 10 minutes until well combined, let sit for about 20 minutes.
4. Stuff the mixture in to a round mold, press it down firmly to compact the mixture.
5. Remove it from the mold then wrap by banana leaves or cling film. Steam until cooked.